Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Shogi Blues Ain't So Bad

I went to the Tennoji Zoo and took a bunch of pictures but, I took my best shots of the bums that live in the surrounding area. These guys have a pretty nice set-up. Apparently the local government doesn't mind too much that they build sizeable homes with locks on their doors, T.V. s and even slippers for indoors. To pass the time they sing karaoke on the streets or in the parks and play Shogi (similar to chess) and Go (not similar to anything) on homemade boards.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Bender said...

So can you Shogi? I miss my chess playing partner - should teach Dad - huh? I've heard of that GO game but certainly don't understand it! Keep on postin" Love ya!

5:11 PM  
Blogger mikeb said...

how does this game work? do they play for yen?

5:17 PM  
Anonymous michelle said...

Hey Jeffery!
Its Michelle from the Frameshop back home in York, PA. I stopped in there to say hi today, and came home with your blog site. lucky me hahaha so, hows japan treating ya? i love the photos... I hear your not quite teaching... working at a resturant but not cooking or serving... hahah Anyway, i left you my "myspace" site if youre ever bored, which i'm sure youre not. Hope all is well!

Michelle

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home